Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Walking with the Big Kids

In my playgroup, we go to story time on Tuesdays. Wednesdays, we walk to the park on Mission bay, and occasionally have field trip Fridays, and we all go to the beach. Ella has always watched in awe at the other kids walking/running around. Today we meet some of my group at the library for story time, and Ella finally was able to join in their fun! It was really cute to see how happy she was with her new found freedom!

On the flip side, now that she has discovered her new talent, that is all she wants to do! At Target last night we had quite the meltdown, when I made the mistake of letting her down to walk for a minute. When it was time to leave that area of the store, I scooped her up and that's when it went all down hill.....The tantrum started with the stiffing up and arching the back, crying out, noooo! Oh boy-this is gonna be fun. I now felt that I have entered the toddler phase. Even though I love that she is walking, every stage kids go through, has a new set of challenges. The joys of motherhood :)

8 Friendly Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

It is so cute to see her walking around with her little toy, Dog? I have had my share of tantrums at target as well!! They sure don't like to be confined once they learn they can move on there own!

Amberlynn said...

Yeah, Ella's a walker now! She is lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

Ella is sooo cute! I was telling Abrianna Ella's name and she started saying over and over Ella.... Ella... Ella! We definetely need to get these two together.

Mandy said...

She is such a sweetie. I love her darling outfits, she never looks like a rugrat- unlike my kids! You are such a fun mom!!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

How fun (most of the time...haha)!! I LOVE her outfit! She always looks like she just stepped out of a Gymboree ad or something because she's always sooooooo adorable!! I love that she keeps her headbands on so well! Azi never did but I'm hoping I can force Skyla into it! :) Where do y'all go for all this story time action I keep reading about???

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Oh, and one time Azi had a meltdown in Target where this old lady in front of us in line said, not quietly at all I might add, "Get me out of this store, that screaming child is driving me NUTS!" I wanted to hit her upside the head and say, "Well if you would have let me go in FRONT of you like a nice person then she would've been out of here by now!!" Hahaha, crabby old people or screaming babies...hmmm...I think I'll take the screaming babies!!

cheree said...

I finally found your blog! I've been trying to find it for ever I was spelling it wrong. But I finally started one. Ella is so big I can't believe it! It looks like you guys are having so much fun!! I would love to hear from you!kevandcheree.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Hey cute girl! I hope you don't mind....I'm just sitting here admiring your blog. It is so dang cute. I need a "blogging lesson" from you. I have no idea how to do anything with mine. Seriously...I need help! You guys look happy and well...glad to see you are loving life in San Diego! Talk to you soon. ELLA IS BEAUTIFUL...I can't believe how big she is!