Our New Addition
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Sad To Say Goodbye!
The bad thing about living expenses when your husband is in law school, is that you have no extra moo-law!! The time has come for us to give up our rock star lifestyle. Buckle down and do the responsible thing, by selling our cars. We are now (sad to say) a one car family! We sold my beloved BMW and Dan's Tacoma truck, and got ourselves, What we call a "beach car" It's a Honda Element and our car payment is MUCH lower, which is good. I kind of always thought these cars were a little funny looking but hey- It's our little "beach car"(when in Rome) It was the best of both worlds, because Dan needs something he can load tools in etc. And I liked having a smaller, four door, sportier car, that I can easily hand Ella her toys, sippys, etc. to. So It's all good. It was sad to see our car and truck go, but you do what you gotta do! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 Friendly Thoughts:
Oh that is tough, having to sell a car when you don't want to! The things you do for school. I really like your new "beach car" I hear that they are good cars. I think they are really cute too. Tell Dan and little Ella hi!
Awwww...the Element! We have a love/hate relationship with our Element...we've had it for 3 1/2 years now and it's definitely been "good" to us in many ways. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV and can turn on a DIME like a little sports car and we love the whole "waterproof" inside going on because cleaning up after kids (and husbands) has been so easy and still looks great! I love how much it FITS!! My huge stroller fits easily in the back and then you can just keep piling groceries on top of that and there's sooooooo much room between the front and back seats that tons of stuff can go there when need be (road trips and things). We love how the back seats just flip up and out of the way when you're in need of hauling a lot of stuff...we've used that feature a LOT! And, you know, we haven't had any problems with that car at all (knock on wood) and we've put 45k miles on it (we bought it with only like 5 miles). BUT BUT BUT I hate the car as far as kids goes...never fails that when I'm in a parking lot people will park on either side of me too close and then I can't get both doors open to get to the back seat to put the girls in (especially now that Skyla is here and has that big car seat that goes in and out). So the way that the doors opens KILLS me 90% of the time. Also, when I need to give Azure something and I'm driving I have to literally THROW it at her because there IS so much space between the seats that I can't reach her. When someone else is in the front seat it's not a big deal because they can give stuff back but when it's just me by myself it makes for an interesting trip. So, like I said, love/hate...so I'm definitely interested to see how y'all end up liking it. Let me know if you figure out good tricks for reaching Ella and also getting in and out when people park too close!!! :) Love the color y'all chose!
Funny... Tyler was thinking of getting an Element for himself and one for the employees to drive.
Post a Comment