Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Got A Job!!

Today I had an interview with a wedding coordinator at a bridal expo in downtown San Diego. I had to do several up-do and styles and their make-up as well. And drum roll please..... I got the job! I will be working for the wedding coordinator doing on location, hair and make-up for bridal parties, all over San Diego! Which I also did in Utah, and I loved it! I really enjoy doing on site weddings, it's so fun making them beautiful on such an important day. You really feel part of the wedding being there on location. It will work out perfectly being at home with Ella, because most of the weddings are over the weekends and Dan doesn't have school! And I won't have to start over building clientele, which takes some of the stress out of re-locating to a new salon. I will still do a few of my clients hair at my house, on the side. I hope it all goes well, I'm kind of excited for the change. :)

7 Friendly Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! It always feels good right after finding a job! I am going to re-start my job hunt in a month or so...but, I am looking for a total change of profession! But, CONGRATULATIONS! I am sure that will be a fabulous job!

Amberlynn said...

Congratulations Kristi! I had a good feeling about this one and felt like you were going to get the job when you were telling me about it a couple days ago. It sounds like a very fun opportunity, plus you get to see different part of San Diego (that I'm sure you may not have had the chance to see) and be a part of some beautiful weddings!! So fun!

Charlotte said...

Sounds like so much fun. You will be fantastic at that. Tyler has secret dreams of becoming a wedding planner someday- helping someone plan their perfect day is really appealing to him.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm glad you can be home with Ella during the week. You have the best of both worlds.

Angela and Jeremy

Jared and Laura said...

How exciting...you'll be perfect!!

Darger Party of 3 said...

Congrats!!!

J-me Boyce said...

That is awesome! What a fun job!That is such a talent.