Saturday, August 1, 2009

All About Ella!

I wanted to write down a few things that my little bean is doing at this age so I won't forget. Since I blog for our family journal and turn them into books every year, what better motivation then to jot down the silly little quirks Ella has. (Warning this post is really long, feel free to skip it. Its mostly for journal purposes and of course the grandparents)

*Ella is really into pretending right now, whether it a princess or she's a dragon or a princess dragon, everything is make believe. There is no lacking in imagination in our little one. She will always tell me who I am going to be and who she is and then we have to reenact her little pretend story. example: "Mommy you be sleeping beauty and I'm Snow White, and we are going to the park to play, but be careful cuz there are lots of alligators on the way." She surprises me daily with how creative her stories can get.

* Ella has two imaginary friends that fit in the palm of her hand and she carries them in her pocket. (I'm not making this up, she really does have a huge imagination!) Their names (given by Ella) are Rhello and Jelly. Where she came up with those names, you've got me, but if you ask her who her "little" friends are she'll say "Rhello and Jelly" and hold out her hand.

*Her baby doll's name is Sharla and it's her favorite. (another name she came up with by herself) She will hand me another baby doll and she'll take "Sharla" and she always wants to "take them to the Doctor cuz their sick" Very cute.

*One of her favorite songs on the radio (don't judge) is Boom Boom Pow by the black eyed peas and from the first note of when the song starts she recognizes it and says "Oh, Mom my song is on turn it up" Am I in trouble or what!?

* Her favorite game to play is hide and seek, she is so funny while she plays b/c she'll hide out in the open and just cover her face like she's invisible. While "looking" for her, Dan and I will say over and over "Where Ella? Is she in the kitchen? no. Is she in her room? no. " and so on. I hear her little giggles as she "hides" out in the open. She also loves "Tag your it game" as she calls it and wants to play ALL the time! Thanks uncle Mathew :) another favorite is, Duck, Duck, Goose, she get so excited when ever she's the Goose.

*She makes me sing to her "It's a small world after all" every night before bed and she sings under her breath along with me. Its really sweet.

*Her favorite songs are Small World, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty, Child of god, Pirates (you know "yo, ho yo, ho, pirates life for me) ABC's, Glasses, Slippery fish, Once there was a snowman and popcorn popping. Oh and how can I forget Ariel's song, which just consists of her signing "Ahhhhahhhlaaaalaaalaaahhha" in a very opera-like voice.
*She make x's, t's, v's, z's and l's out of sticks, carrots, fries etc. she's a smarty pants.
*She can spell her name and write it on her etch-a-sketch.
*Very timid of getting hurt and water ie: swimming and the ocean. She can be kind of a scared-y pants at times. But is not afraid to talk to anyone and everyone. Maybe I need to teach her a little more stranger danger and get her in swim school to cure her hydrophobia once and for all!
*Ella is extremely particular! She has to have her certain toys for her bed, certain toys for her toy baskets, certain toys for the car etc. Its silly really and maybe a bit OCD but its a quirk she has had since she was an infant. She likes things in a particular order. I think this is where her picky eating stems from.
* won't eat anything with sauce on it! NOTHING! (crazy girl, she did not inherit that from me) She has a very bland tooth and eats very healthy. A fruit and veggie girl and the greener the better. She passes on all bread, won't touch it. Which drives me nuts b/c if i could get her to eat a peanut butter sandwhich my life would be 10 times easier.
*I love her sweet side. She babies her rocking horses and dolls. The other day I overheard her talking to her singing rocking horse and she said "You must be so tired from all that rocking and talking, you need a little break." Then grabbed her pretend bottle and blanket, laid it on her horse and feed it a bottle. same with her baby dolls. soo sweet. She's big on holding hands, hugs and kisses and gives them away freely.
*She loves little babies. when she sees one she'll say "Oh how cute that baby is and it's so little. Ohhh so cute" and she scrunches up her shoulders and puts her hands to her mouth gives the sweetest smile to them. It melts my heart.
*She is proud of herself for using the big girls potty and announce that she "did her business" very loudly at any and every bathroom. The worst is when she loudly announces what a good job I did using the big girl potty, while the rest of the restroom get informed of my accomplishment as well. gotta love kids right!?
*She has the BEST memory ever! I'm not kidding, she remembers EVERYTHING! No foolin this little one. She'll remember buildings we went to and who we were with and when we went etc. example: We were driving in the car and we passed a movie theater and she said "remember when daddy took me there to see monsters vrs. aliens?" I was like, whoa kid that was months ago. Seriously great memory. Another example: We went to the beauty supply so I could pick up some haircolor and she said: "Is Azure coming to this store? Remember she came here with Miss Kim and we played?" Ella had only been to this store once before several months prior and it was with my friend Kim and her daughter Azure. I looked at her in awe. One more example: She asked me to play Duck, duck, goose and I said who taught you to play this game and she said "Alivia and Bennett's grandma!" The one and only time she met their grandma was several months earlier and she did play that game with them. I didn't even think Ella knew who she was.
*She LOVES to pretend to make cupcakes and makes them for all my hair clients while I'm doing their hair. She has toy cupcakes but prefers the pretend ones. She sings happy birthday while she brings them to you. (she is REALLY into birthdays) She makes her "famous" cupcakes on the beach, the park, really everywhere.
* Like I said above she is really into birthdays...She will "wrap" up presents for me, bring them over and say "Mommy your birthday party is here, open your presents!" She gets so excited and jumps up and down when I open them, like she's never seen the toys before. I think she has birthdays on the brain since hers is coming up soon.
*She knows all her letters and the sounds that most make (I owe that to wordworld on PBS) and can count up to 30 now since that how old daddy is (or was now that he turned 31)
* favorite shows are Wordworld, Super Why, Dragon tales, Curious Gorge, Angelina Ballerina and Dancing with the stars. Fav movies are Cinderella, sleeping beauty, little mermaid, tinkerbell, Peter pan, Horton hears a who, and dumbo. (at the moment, these are subject to change:)
*She a fan of reading and "reads" her books to herself all the time and really does have them memorized (again with the memory thing) She'll sit in her big rocking chair with a stack of books and read and read.
* She is very possessive of her stuff (this comes from being the one and only child, we'll have to fix that soon) When she pretends a monster is coming to get her, the first thing she does it hoard up all her favorite toys and then runs and hides. A little attached you think? She even hides some of her favorite toys before some friends come over to play. Yeah the sharing thing is constantly a work in progress in this household.
*Daddy takes her on a walks to the park or 7-11 (Ella calls it 7've) on most nights when he doesn't have class. That is their special time and she looks forward to it every night. When she hears the door opening as daddy walks through she just bursts with excitement and can't wait for there little walking adventure.
*She is such a dream to take out and about! She stays right by my side and listens really well, holds my hands around cars and crossing streets. She loves going out whether its just to the store running errands or to somewhere fun, she will last a long time with out melting down which is wonderful.
*I overhear her telling her dolls and toys the same lectures that I give to her like: "You have to take two more bites cuz your two years old" Or "Do you know why your time out?" Or "Did you keep your panties dry..you did! good Job!" really funny
*She always wants me to explain everything in detail to her. Whether its what we are doing that day or why she is in time out or who I just got off the phone with. She is all about the details.
*She loves to talk on the phone or at least the idea of it b/c she'll ask me to call grandma or daddy or one of her friends and when they start talking to her she'll get quite and whisper answers back to them. Which is nothing like her. I think she gets shy when she is really talking on the phone instead of just pretending to talk on the phone.
*She has the cutest little freckles on her nose that makes her look so grown up. she has a few on her arms and legs as well, we call them her beauty marks and kiss them all the time.

I love all the things that make up our lil Ella Rose and wouldn't change a thing about her. (Well maybe the not sharing and the occasional tantrum part :) She is an absolute joy to us and couldn't imagine life with out her! we love you Bella-Bean!!

1 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Awwwww...all of those are so sweet!!! I feel like I know your little bean even more now! :) That's so great that you recorded all of that! Way to go!!