Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We Have A Lil' Picasso In Our House


Well, one of my worries as a mom has come true. I don't know if it was from the Children's museum or just her love for coloring but our lil' artist has decided to start "decorating" the house. I am always amazing at the sheer speed of a toddler, when you turn you back on them, what damage can be done! Well, Ella has now colored on two of our walls, the couch, her toy chest and even her time out chair. (not all at the same time) Let's just say the time out chair (after it has been wiped clean of all artistic creations) has been used several times this week. If you were now to quiz Ella-Bean about coloring, she would tell you: "Only color on paper, never on walls" Let's hope this new rule sticks!!

7 Friendly Thoughts:

Forsberg's said...

Good luck with the "only on walls" effort. Asher will say that to me while he's coloring on the walls! He pulled out a pen downstairs on the new walls. Anyway, the funny thing is when I saw the picture of Ella painting the car and chalk on the walls that was my first thought. It must be tricky for the little tikes, I mean really what's the difference between the walls at the museum and the walls at home? Darn those museums! Another reason you should move home!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Ohhhh dear...that's a tough one! I'm scared that Skyla is going to be the same way because she sees Azure coloring all the time! They are fast as lightning though!

Very cute post! :)

Kevin and Heather said...

What a cute post with all of the colors in the text. Trey likes to find the magic marker at Kev's work and draw all over his desk. He got in to a little bit of trouble over that one. Good luck!

byebyedays said...

DANG! I wouldn't handle that well... I LOVE my beautifully painted walls.;) You parents have SO MUCH PATIENCE. What a little cutie, just another kid thing to overcome!

Ashley said...

I think mischeviousness is a just a sign of genius...right? Ella's just too smart for her own good and she needs to find new ways to entertain her busy mind! Too bad her learning happens to mess up your walls. I want to have you over for dinner next week after my in-laws leave town. What days does Dan stay late at school?

Holly said...

I'm so sorry about your walls.....and couch and toy chest and even her time out chair too! Little bundles of joy aren't they? :)

Mandy said...

What a stinker! I have had my share of coloring on the walls. The worst was when my kids took a black sharpie to Grandpa's wall and COUCH! NOT GOOD. Who knew a kid could do such damage in 10 minutes???
W-D40 is great for getting crayon off of walls though~ in case you wanted to know. Good luck with the little picasso!