My poor lil' bean has been having nightmares lately. She woke up in the middle of the night screaming "Daddy, Daddy, Mommy!!" When we went to get her this was our conversation:
me: "Did you have a scary dream?"
Ella: "Yes, scary red bugs on arm!!" as she pointed to her arm.
me: "Oh, I'm so sorry, The mean bugs are all gone now."
Ella: "Hide, monsters coming!"
me: "Oh, no monsters too! Mommy and daddy will get them!"
Ella: "Ella hit em' n' eat em!" (frantically moving her arms and then taking them to her mouth to eat the... monsters) (??)
Me: (trying not to laugh out loud) "Oh good you got em' Ella!"
It is sooo sad when they have nightmares! She has been asking to sleep with her light on lately. I guess so the monster don't get her?? (sad, huh) I think this has all come about because her new favorite movies are 'Bugs Life' and 'Monsters Inc.' I'm thinking we might have to have these movies on hiatus for awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Friendly Thoughts:
AWwwwwwww poor Ella! Nightmares are so tough with little kiddos! We've definitely had our fair share with Azure. We finally found a solution for us...we bought Azi a black light that we just leave on all night. Her little night lights weren't cuttin' it and weren't giving off enough light. Now the black light gives off plenty of light but not too much that it keeps either girl awake. Corey swears to me that it won't do any damage to them (haha, I'm always so paranoid about that kind of stuff) so we're lovin' it right now. :)
I'm soooooooo sad I missed out last night!!! Skyla started throwing up...yuck!! No fun girls night for me! :(
Sooo sad (and cute)! When I hear Lila cry in her sleep (you know how they do it without actually waking up) I always wonder what she can be dreaming about because I don't think she even has the capacity to think deeply enough to have a nightmare! I always imagine she's thinking about not getting milk right when she wants it or something. Who knows!
How funny! Not that she has terrifying dreams, but those are the exact things Asher wants a gun for, to shoot the monsters and bugs! Maybe he needs to tell Ella that they need to be shot and not eaten! I really don't know what my kids dream about. I've tried to ask Asher, and he just tells me " Jesus". I hope that's true, that's much better than bugs and monsters!
Post a Comment