Martha's Vineyard is absolutely gorgeous! I love the New England look and feel! Beautiful homes and the town is dripping with charm! With this as our background we knew we were in for a great trip. I have been here two other times, once while Dan and I were dating and again when I was pregnant with Ella. This last trip we took was by far my favorite! I LOVED having the whole family together and it was the sweetest thing to see Dan show Ella the place that is so close to his heart. Dan as a child came here every summer, it was his "happiest place on earth" We got to do all of the families favorite things. The famous candy and ice cream store is always the first place we hit while we are here. (and every night after that!) many beach days, the flying horses merry-go-round, plenty of barn pot luck parties, sailing, shopping in Edgartown and Oak Bluffs, the 4th of July parade and fireworks over the beach.


The Forth of July was the best!! One of the top 4th of July's ever! We started off at the beach with the whole crew. (anything at the beach is the best) Then headed off to the Island parade, which was very cute. We had a pot luck at the barn where over 100 people were there (a 4th of July tradition on Martha's Vineyard) and had family fireworks and sparklers. After all that we went down to the beach where they had the most amazing fireworks show that was so breathtaking above the water with all the boats of the harbor and on the ocean. Unbelievable! Happy 4th of July, alright!
The funniest and kind of scary part of the whole trip was the truck we used to get to and from the beach/town ferry with. It was old and a little rickety, but that's not the scary part, we probably broke like 10 traffic violations by cramming a million people in the bed of the truck along with all the beach necessities. I think the record was on our way to the beach fireworks. We had 28 people in this truck!! Talk about clowns in a little car! To put all of your minds at ease the speed limit on this island is 20 mph and there is hardly any other cars on the road. (they kind of have there own set of traffic rules here)
It was one awesome trip!! A special thank you to Curry "Pop" for making this all possible! You have the most wonderful family and I'm lucky to be a part of it. Love to you all!! Smooches!
http://www.slide.com/r/81pvt1Om7j8tx39qLjTKpb3bA9ll-caV?previous_view=lt_embedded_url














14 Friendly Thoughts:
It sounds amazing! You are lucky to be part of such a strong family unit. I'm glad you had fun!
I have always loved Dan's family. They are all soooo beautiful!! I want to go back east. How Fun!
Looks like you guys had a great trip!
Wow, what a nice trip for all of you to have together!
Great pictures! Looks like you had yet another, amazing trip. I'd LOVE to be so close to the ocean for a while...Although, I'd be too scared of water creatures to actually swim in it.:) But the walkes along the beaches look like heaven.
Hi Kristi! It was good to hear from you. I agree it is fun to see what everyone is up to with the facebook/blogs. I love the pics of you and your daughter she's beautiful. San Diego! I am jealous I have been meaning to make it down there. We will have to keep in touch and by the way I saw that you love the movie Anne of Green Gables? LOL me and Stacie (White) my roommate love those movies! I gave them to her for Christmas. Anyway take care! Lea
Such a fun trip! What a great family for Ella to grow up knowing. You are very lucky to have them live in such a great place too!
oh man you guys had a blast!! your ella is so cute. you can tell who her mom and dad are she looks like her dad more and more it seems. anyhoo i sure miss you guys. I wish i could come visit i am in definit need of a vacation. two babies though not so fun for traveling. are coming this way any time soon or not until hollidays?? you have to see my new house.
love ya!!!!
Yes, I knew you wouldn't like that picture, but it was the only group one I had with you in it. I decided to take it off and wait till Jared posts a better one, or you share your pictures with us--hint, hint. :)
Great job on scrapbooking everything. Your pictures look fabulous. I should do that, but I don't feel like spending the time. We miss you guys!
By the way, I stole your group picture because I don't have any, and Jared hasn't posted his yet.
WOW what an amazingly fun adventure!!! It took me about 30 minutes just to take in this entire post!! :) I love all of your pictures...I think my all time favorite one is Ella with Daisy Dog! So adorable!!! Azi was having a hay day looking at your blog! She just kept saying, "Oh there's ELLA...ane there...and there...oh and there's Aunt Kristi! More please!" Hahaha, needless to say, you've been sorely missed!! Love you!
Krisit, It's so fun to see your blog. I can't believe how big Ella has gotten. She is so cute! I need you to give me some tips on blogging. -Miriam
Of course Eli remembers you! We're always joking that you were his first crush. How could he forget the pretty girl who gave him his first hair cut? Ella is so cute, I wish I could just reach through the computer and squeeze her. I would have to say she looks like Dan's family! -Miriam
This is a great post in tribute of Dan's Grandma and family. Dan is an awesome guy! His family must be pretty special for him to be so great! I'm glad that you have him, his family, and all the heritage that comes with them. Ella has grown up so much even since a month ago. I'm glad you had a great time and that you made it through all that travel without going crazy. We miss and love you guys so much! Give Ella hugs for us!
Post a Comment