I'm a little behind in the check up's lately as you can tell from the title of this post. Is there anyone else that thinks there are way too many of these well child check-ups!? I never went to the doctor as a kid (my dad is a Dr.) so it seems like a heck of a lot to me. Anyway, I tried a new Dr. closer to my house and really liked the children's hospital. All was well, until the lady with the white lab coat and the stethoscope came in... it went down hill from there. (I think they should wear something else, Ella sees white and knows it's trouble!) Ella wanted nothing to do with her!! She survived her shots (ouch!!) and after they weighted her, they told me she was below 5% and thought she needed some blood work to see if she's not anemic. Ella has ALWAYS been in the 5% since birth and every doctor is concerned with it, but I'm not. (Have you seen Dan's side of the family? enough said!) So, since we are covered with our insurance (the 1st time since Ella was born! I know, crazy us) I thought I better do lab work now. More drama for my lil' lama. So sad watching her get her blood drawn!! They had to strap her little arm down to hold her still. She's a wreck and I'm about to cry as well! Poor baby, she had a no good very bad day. All was forgotten when I told her we could go to Mickey D's after. I think she deserved a treat and I guess she really does need those calories!
Don't let this smile fool you! This is after happy meal and finding a Polly Pocket inside! I wanted to show my poor lil' lady's battle wounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 Friendly Thoughts:
What a little trooper! I'm just about to turn 24 and there is NO WAY I'd be that happy after getting 5 shots and blood drawn! Even with a happy meal and a Polly Pocket inside!
(PS. Thanks for all the great ideas on your beautify my blog site you put up for the enrichment activity! I'm going crazy with it!)
Poor little Ella! The bottom picture is so cute! Her hair is starting to come in. Cute shoes too!
Good thing they bounce back so easily! That's a HARD thing to watch! Way to be a great mom Kristi! (of course she's well:)
What a doll! Emmaline has always been in the -5th percentile. All I can say is, LUCKY HER!
Oh my goodness!! I usually mute my cumputer immediately when I hear other people's music but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "luckiest" by Ben Folds. In fact, I think it might be the best love song ever written. I'm glad you are cool like me:-)
Ohhhhhhhh little Ella!!! My heart hurt when I read this post. Cute little petite Ella. Kiss her for Peterson will ya!! Miss you!
Ohhhhh little bean! That's so sad!! I agree, way too many visits their first two years!! That is such a cute, cute picture of her battle wounds!! I'm so glad we got to see you today at play group!! As soon as we opened your blog Azure got all excited and started rambling on and on about Ella! :)
Post a Comment