Monday, June 21, 2010

Little Mermaid

I was so nervous signing Ella up for swimming lesson since this is the kid who won't go near the ocean, freaks out if any water gets on her face, has boycotted Pirates of the Caribbean b/c quote: "That ride splashed on my cheek" and coaxing her into the water at the pool is an exhausting chore. I was very hesitant to put her in at all this year, afraid her deafening screams would be to much for any swim teacher to take. Well, I heard amazing things from the other moms in my neighborhood telling me about the swim lesson they do right here in our community. I thought heck, lets give it a shot. To my utter surprise...she was fine. no crying, no whining, she did well. Now, I'm not saying they got her whole head wet yet (Crossing my finger by the end she will be dunked) but she was smiling and eager to learn. I am so pleasantly surprised I will take any progress I can get!
So this is what we are doing for the next 2 weeks everyday, same time, same place. I'm hoping for a good tan and to finish 'Hunger Games' Oh yeah...and for Ella to learn how to swim :) :)

1 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Oh I am soooo happy Ella is doing so well! Wow, Miss Michelle must have magical powers to get your lil bean into the water without any fuss! That would be so awesome if she was able to learn how to swim!!