Friday, October 24, 2008

No DaN!

Ella is cracking us up daily with the things she is saying. Lately she thinks it is funny to call us by our first names. At first we thought she was saying "dad" with Dan's name. But she says the N in Dan very loudly. The other day she kept saying "No Da-N!" (apparently I lecture my hubby too much :) Well, we started busting up and Ella thought she had just made the funniest joke. So all day she would say "No DaN" and then burst into laughter. Ella will do anything for a little attention. On another note... She's really is into her hair lately (or lack thereof) She watches me cut hair at home all the time. Well, she was so excited to watch daddy get his hair cut that she insisted on her's to be cut next (of course I wouldn't dream of cutting her precious few hairs off) One of my biggest fears with Ella is that when her hair finally does grow in, she would have watched me cut hair so much, that curiosity will get the better of her and she will chop it off. I think I need to hide my scissors in a nice, safe, HIGH place.

5 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Hahahahaha...I love it!!! Great idea Dan!! Just have him think of it as a work out every time Ella says, "Again!" Such a cute post! I can't believe she wanted her hair cut! Bet your stomach dropped with just the thought! She is quite adorable with your hair cutting drape around her with her little head just peakin' out!!!

Amberlynn said...

That is too funny. A lot of times when I call out Judd's name, Val will copy me. She'll say, "Jaaa! Jaaa!" It is soo cute! She still calls me mommy or mama! Probably because she CAN'T say Amberlynn; a mouthful. My neices and newphew started out calling me Amblah. Love the sock monkey too. I remember having one as a kid; memories. Why cute collage. Love the background. You've been shopping :) Love ya.

Amberlynn said...

I meant way cute collage. Oops!

ML said...

Oh, little Ella Bella should have her first haircut. Maybe if she comes for Christmas, Anner can give her some scissors as a gift, and the two of them can play beauty salon. :) I know Alexander would LOVE to practice his scissor skills on Ella's hair. He already cut holes in Elizabeth's dress and told me that he did it because Ethan said to "astroy it".

Anonymous said...

Yes you do need to hide your scissors, where she will never find them! :) Trust me, I know! Alexis wanted to be Snow White... apparently taking five years to grow out her hair didn't matter anymore!