Tuesday, September 9, 2008

All Settled In.......FINALLY!

Okay- so we JUST got our Internet and cable hooked up YESTERDAY! I have been dying!! The cable company was over booked through the holiday weekend and we couldn't get an appointment till now. I feel as if I was camping the last week and a half. No blog stalking, no checking e-mail, no Project Runway! What's a girl to do? It was a blessing in disguise, I got SO much done with out the distractions of my beloved computer and T.V.! I think it should be mandatory that someone take them away from me once in a while, so I can get some things done! I am proud to say that we are officially all un-packed and everything is in it's proper place! Wa-Hoo! The only down side to this whole thing is, somehow in this moving process, I lost my camera charger and I can't post any pictures yet! :( I am buying one this morning so there a' comin'! I'm so happy to be back amongst the living again.

NEW PLACE! Well here it is, our new little pad. I have to say I love it here already! It's a condo type place that has it's own garage and it's own garbage can. (things I took for granted since moving into apartments) It has so many great amenities. Like beautiful walking trails, a big playground/park, two swimming pools, tennis courts, tons of families everywhere. And really close by Walmart, Target, Vons, (like Smith's) Fry's, yummy restaurants and the public library. We still are only 10 min from the beach (without traffic) So, It's gonna be great!

This is how Ella entertained herself with all the packing and un-packing. She's a funny one!

They have such beautiful walking trails here in our Stone Crest community. I am loving taking Ella on our morning walk. We gather rocks along the way. (Thanks for the suggestion Abby) It is such a nice change from walking around the concrete jungle I use to live in! Ella is a big "let's go on a walk" fan. So, most evenings we take her again when Dan gets home. I predict many, many, walks in the near future!

"Cat"mopolitan
One of the agreements before we moved to our new pad, was that if Dan was going to live with the cat for a least 2 more years, then he has to get shaved! Less cat hair around the house, I guess. This is our kitty's second time getting his stylish lion cut. Once before when we moved here. I guess it makes Dan feel better, so whatever it takes to keep our kitty around. I kind of think he looks cute like this. Ella was obsessed with telling everyone she saw that. "Kitty got haircut!" she was a bit more excited about it then the cat was.

13 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you are back!!! :) Super proud of you for unpacking everything in a WEEK! You deserve a prize!! :) What do you want to do today??? Call me!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your back!!! I decided yesterday morning to give up computer technology with the exception of my online classes...but before I head over to those classes had to check and see if you were back yet! Good to know...now I am really giving up the internet for a couple of days! :)

Jenn & Cardy said...

Yay! You're back. That was quite a project! I bet you're so glad to be done.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! Can't wait to see the new pad!

byebyedays said...

Thats FANTASTIC! I'm sure your happy to have that over with!

ML said...

Oh, he looks so soft. I love him with his fur shaved like that.

ML said...

I thought there was a separate place to comment about your pad, but apparently not. It looks great! I have to say, if you have your own garbage can AND a Walmart close by, you've definitely arrived. :) It looks like a fun place to live. I recognize Daniel's trademark colors on the walls, and even the green bathroom looks good in the picture. It doesn't look very bright.

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a fantastic place to live. Oliver wants to know "when is Ella coming back?" With a place like that, I'm guessing NEVER =)

Mandy said...

I love the new place! It is so cute and I am so impressed you have everything up on the walls. I still don't!! I love the cute bench when you walk in, and the frames above your bed. I need you here to help me decorate- you got a talent girl! Can't wait to come see it.

Mandy said...

p.s. Ellas piggy's are cute! and our blog isn't private anymore. Just a little FYI

Forsberg's said...

Hooray for the internet. I really should follow your que- the kids are asleep and I need to mop SOO bad, unless you don't mind your feet sticking to the floor. Anyway, your place is beautiful, the cat is beautiful and Ella's hair is beyond beautiful!!! Glad your back!

Serendipity said...

Cute, Cute place! I love Ella's little Shabby Chic room. Our girl's trashed theirs' and I totally miss the decor, so I have salvaged what a can and will save it for our little Princess baby, Hannah (I have high hopes for her!). The theme of the girls' next room is STURDY!

Chantal said...

I love the pictures of your new place! it looks so nice, and I love your kitty's hair cut!