I have wanted to go to a U-Pick your own fruit fields, since I moved to Southern California. I finally got my chance last week at the Carlsbad Strawberry Fields. This place is full of rows and rows of strawberries fresh from the vine. It's like a sea of strawberries. Ella is our little treasure hunter and this activity was right up her alley. It was like, trick-or treating, Easter egg hunts, and treasure hunting, all rolled into one for the lil tike. She grabbed her bucket and got to work! So funny b/c she was the most excited to find the green strawberries saying: "Wow mom, the have green strawberries here to!" We had to let her know to search for the brightest red ones, since she had filled our bucket almost half full with her "cool green ones" She quickly got the hang of it and along with our fellow strawberry lover friends, the Cannon's, we have been enjoying our fresh findings ever since....Strawberry shortcake anyone?? Yes, please! Mmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 Friendly Thoughts:
CUTE!!!! I've always wanted to take the girls to do something like this too! I didn't realize that their were places like that down here! That's hilarious that Ella kept picking the green ones! What a lil cutie!
Isn't the Carlsbad strawberry patch so much fun!? We went a few weekends ago and loved it. We made homemade strawberry shortcake after and it was fabulous!
By-the-way, I LOVE that last picture of Ella! So adorable!
Are you kidding me?!! I want to go there, what a cute place! Those strawberries are making my mouth water!
Post a Comment