Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fair And Beach Daze

It's a rare thing for Dan to have a weekend off. So we really lucked out when we got to spend the whole weekend with him. And we lucked out even more when Dan suggested going to the fair on Friday night and the beach on Saturday. Wahoo! Ummm.... YES Please! The fair is quite the place to crazy people watch, eat really greasy, fried food and basically it's just a great way to spend a summer night. I Love me some family time. I just wish we had it more often. Maybe when dumb, time-stealing law school is over?? One can only hope! ;)

There is this CRAZY place in the middle of the fair where they fry EVERYTHING!! Deep fried, Twinkies, cheeseburgers, oreo's, avocado's, smores, coke (? not kidding) I'm pretty sure if you asked them to fry your left shoe, they would! They also had a Krispy Kream chicken sandwich (that was deep fried, of course) I'm calling that one, a heart attack on a plate or your weeks worth of total caloric intake in just one little sandwich. Either way, it can't be good. Man, only at a fair I tell ya. YOWZERS! Curiosity did get the better of us and we had to sample some of this fried frenzy. We tried the fired smores (pretty tasty, I'll admit) zucchini weenie (there name not mine:) and gulp, the krispy kream chicken sandwich. Which I do not recommend. We took about two bites and were disgusted! Definitely a heart attack on a plate, and not for the faint of heart. Do not attempt going on any fair rides after you eat that bad boy.

Check out that menu, huh!?!

The weather has been so GORGEOUS! Even though the beaches here are in full swing, summer mode. We decided to brave the crowds, and head down to the beach on a Saturday. So glad we did! It was soo much fun to people watch everyone on vacation. (one of my favorite pastimes BTW) There was such a fun energy and It made us feel like we were on vacation. Thanks Love, for a great weekend with my two favorite peeps.

5 Friendly Thoughts:

byebyedays said...

So, did you try any of the fried stuff? I would have, just to try it. You're definitely in the right place to live it up. I wanna live in San Diego for a while... The fun NEVER STOPS! I'm sure it's great to have the hubby home, it's not so fun when they're gone is it.

Anonymous said...

I love when the hubby is home for one day let alone an entire weekend! That's what we signed up for with hubby's that got o school right? Glad you guys had a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you hubby got to spend time with his family! I know how it gets, my husband sometimes works through weekends and travel a lot.

I love the pics with all the fried food, disgusting and hilarious all at the same time, something to see! You look adorable as always, fun times :)

Luvs

Jeppesen Family said...

So you probably think I'm super nerdy, but after I got home from play group/Henry's I wanted to look up your blog. So I googled you and I found it. Your blog is so cute! You make mine look like a kindergarden prodject! And I do love all the Disney posts :)

LJ said...

Kristi! You look Beautiful!! I love your hair and dress in your fair pics!! You look amazing!