Monday, May 26, 2008

Wild Weekend

This weekend was full of events! My sister, Candice and her hubby Brian, came down from LA (on Candice's birthday) to hang out with us and show Brian around San Diego to help decide where they are going to live. My sister is a surgeon and is deciding between Yuma Arizona and San Diego (we are hoping here!) Ella and I went on a real estate tour with them to check out some beautiful homes up in Mt. Helix (a richy area in San Diego) It made me so envious that they are in the market to buy a home! I love looking though homes and seeing different layouts etc.! After the tour, I did Brian's and Cana's hair (a birthday request) I think they had fun! :) Then it was out for some fun downtown! We got a babysitter (thanks Shannon) and headed to this cool restaurant that also had karaoke! None of us were brave enough to get up there and sing but it was sure fun watching! We had a blast!

The next day, my sweet friend Rachel was in town on a celebratory family vacation (her husband, Steve got a great new job!) We meet up with them at Sea World and checked out the newest attraction: The bay of play! It is a little kid's wonderland!! The kids were in love, they had soo much fun! It was super hard to drag them outta there! It was sooo very nice to see Rachie and her cute little family. I loved seeing how much her girls have grown! That evening we when out for sea food at this great fish n' chips place in Sea Port Village! Can you say, yummy! We had so much fun with them and I hope they come back and play really soon!!

Fun times!

Yummy Seafood!

I love my Rachie!!

The following day, Dan and I headed up to LA, to see my sister's place where she has been living doing her fellowship. They showed us the sites around their place. After that we headed out to Venice beach which if you have never been there, it is quite an experience! (to say the least!!) The board walk is like a Circus act! Every where you look there is something crazy or unusual going on! It was fun! I love people watching and this is the best place to watch em'! After Venice beach we headed over to Santa Monica Pier which has a carnival right on the Pier! We played around, ate, and had a great time enjoying each others company! Candice had invited some of her other friends and their spouses as well.

All in all a very fun filled weekend, that was non-stop! We loved that Dan was able to play as well! By the end we were all a little tuckered out! Especially Ella who hadn't had a good nap in the last three days. She just passed out from the fun in the sun!

8 Friendly Thoughts:

Forsberg's said...

Kristi, you really are the greatest friend! You are always so excited to show everyone around, although you've probably see it all! Thanks for taking us around also. It looks like Rachel and her cute fam had a great time too!

Charlotte said...

Seems like you guys are going from one party to the next. What a great place to live!

Mandy said...

Wow! Talk about a busy weekend!!! I'm glad you got to see Rachel & her family. I miss you so much...I'm coming to visit soon- seriously. I don't care if we just hang out and watch movies all day! Love ya.

EB said...

What an exciting weekend! California seems like such a fun place to live. Is Ella always so easy going?!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Wow what an incredibly fun weekend y'all had!!! I love all your pictures! I'm having a hard time choosing which one to comment on! :) I definitely need to get a Sea World pass it seems!! I LOVE the pic of Ella passed out on the bed, that's just priceless!! I miss you!! I need my Kristi time!

ML said...

Cute pictures! Sounds like one big party. Alexander asked if Ella misses him, and I said I think she's having too much fun to even think about him.:)

Anonymous said...

I swear it looks like you are always having friends visiting you guys! It must be the perk of living in such a beautiful place. What fun!!

Rachel von said...

Kristie, Your blog is so great. I LOVE looking at it. Those pics you got when we were in San Diego are great. Can you email them to me? We loved seeing you guys. It made our trip perfect. You live in paradise and hopefully we can come back to visit soon!