Monday, May 18, 2009

Beach Hoppin'

I have had a very busy week and have gotten a little behind on my bloggy blog. I have just up-dated all my posts. Whew, I feel better being all caught up now. If ya'd like, take a gander......

The Horns were here!! The Horns were here!! Yipee! I LOVE Dan's sister Mary Leigh. I really miss living so close to her and all of Dan's family. I have been very blessed to marry into such an AMAZING family. Mary Liegh has just graduated in the Audiology program at the UofU and she is now officially Dr. Mary Liegh Horn. We are all so proud of your accomplishment. The best part of all, is that her hubby, Justin surprised her with a trip to sunny San Diego to spend the week celebrating on the beach! We were very happy to have em'!! Their little boy Alexander (one of our favorite nephews) is Ella's only cousin on Dan's side of the family. (I'm hoping the rest of them hurry up since Dan is from a family of 11!!) Ella was THRILLED to have Alexander come and stay with her. We also lucked out to have Dan brother Eli in town the same week. His sweet girlfriend Sharlee surprised him with a get-a-way here for his B-day. So we actually had a huge chunk of the Jones family here in San Diego with us and it was wonderful! Mary Liegh expressed how she just wanted to hit the beach and relax the whole week and I was not about to argue with her request! Beach here we come! We spent the whole week just a-beach-hoppin' and I have to say I wish all my weeks were like this.
La Jolla Cove

Oceanside Beach

Mission Beach

Encinitas beach

Unfortunately they came during finals week and poor hard-working Dan had test after test and missed the first couple days of fun. We thought we would boost his spirits and drop by to take him to lunch and give him a study break at USD campus. Love you babe sorry you were stuck studying most of the week. (boo) :(

We did take one detour from our week of blissful beach time to take the Kiddos to the grand ol' D-Land. Neither Mary Liegh or Alexander had been there and since I have become quite the fan of this magic place, I was happy to be their tour guide.

After Disneyland, we ate at Tortilla Joe's in downtown Disney and they have the best balloon artist. The kids were very happy to get a custom Sleeping beauty and Spider man. Lucky Ducks.

Speaking of yummy restaurants, we had lots of yummy food this week. We hit Old Town (a place that MUST be visited when staying in San Diego) and Phil's BBQ (another SD MUST) Mmmmm YUM-O!

Old Town


Phil's BBQ

What a great week we had. I think this beach everyday thing is a not such a bad gig! Come back soon. We already miss y'all.

5 Friendly Thoughts:

Ashley said...

What a fun week! I LOVE having visitors. Now I want to go to the beach!

Jared and Laura said...

How fun!!! All of your pictures are so cute, and I love the way you've scrapbooked them. Wish I had spent the week beach hoppin.

J-me Boyce said...

Looks like you have been living it up - you little beach hopper you!

I got your message. The Dr.S gardens are right outside the back of the hotel. If you walk through and out the back patio you will run into the cat in the hat .
Call me about pics...... we can totally work something out.
760-448-6613

Miss ya! Congrats on being 3rd years.... it feels good to be in the home stretch and will go super fast!

AdAmy said...

I love that when I look at this post most of the places are very familiar and I know exactly where they are. Adam's Mother and two sisters all live in the same area. His Mom lives in Encinitas, one sister in La Jolla, and one in Carlsbad. So we visit at least twice a year. I'll have to look you up next time we are in the area, for sure.

Mandy said...

So fun! I want to come beach hoppin' with you! Can't wait to see you in 6 days. Wooooo hooooo!