Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy 28th!

Today was my birthday! Yippee! I can't believe I'm 28? Crazy! Time is flying by faster and faster each year. It was a great Birthday!

~My day started like this, Dan let me sleep in while he took care of Ella. (love him) When I woke up, I walked into the kitchen to see this: A gorgeous bouquet of flowers (with stargazer lily's, my favorite) Alongside that, he made me breakfast with 'happy birthday' candles stuck into the bagel, which he lighted, while he and Ella sang "happy birthday mommy!" It really was so sweet. Dan gave me a gift card, to one of my all time favorite store's, good ol' Nordstrom's. Then he told me that he got a babysitter and we were going to dinner and a movie after he gets home from school. I just love my man!

During the day I met up with my girlfriends for a birthday lunch, at BJ's, a yummy pizza place! It was so fun to get together on my birthday! Thanks ladies! They have this pizza cookie thing for dessert, called a pizzookie. It is heaven! yum, yum!

That evening, Dan and I had dinner at Cheesecake Factory without our little angel Ella,(Thanks Shannon for babysitting) and it was wonderful to have an actual conversation, instead of having to deal with "baby issues." If you haven't tried the 'lemon, raspberry, vanilla cake, cheesecake' then next time you go to cheesecake factory, save room for a slice, you won't be disappointed! After dinner we headed off to the movies, walking hand and hand. I have forgotten how nice it is to go on dates with you husband and actually hold hands. And not have to switch the baby back and forth from each other. Don't get me wrong I love being a mommy! It's just nice to have a break once in a while and be a wife. Thanks for the wonderful birthday! I love my little family!

8 Friendly Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you had a great day!

Pamela said...

hey Kristy! Happy Birthday! We miss you, Dan and Ella! Enjoy that CA sun for us!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY GIRL!!! You got a good hubby there! sounds like loads of fun!

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was fun.

Anonymous said...

Good job Dan! You've always been good at doing things like that. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the Happy Birthday in fudge sauce!

Kimberly J. said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Kristi! Dan is such a good fella- good ol' Utah boys! I hope you had a fantastic day with your family and friends! And when I hit Vegas next month, that lemon, raspberry, vanilla heaven is on the list!!!

Misty said...

Hope you don't mind...I linked here from Julie's website. Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was a good day. Looks like Dan takes great care of you!

J-me Boyce said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had an awesome day! Welcome to the 28 club.