Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Breathe.....Hold It Together

....Because my baby girl just started Kindergarten!! sniff, sniff, sigh.
My lil bean looks so grown up with her backpack and lunch box, ready for school. She was all smiles and eager to go this morning. I however, was a little emotional. She's been home for the last 4 1/2 years, so it was weird having her gone all day. California's cut off is way early, she's starting school as a 4 year old (turns 5 in Nov.)...I know it's crazy.
Looks like her backpack has swallowed her up. Notice her name on the back, so cute. Thanks Aunt Maryliegh!
Dan is going to be dropping her off on his way to work and I'll pick her up. I think it will be their sweet little catch up time in the morning on their way to school/work.
It was a rainy start to school....but it didn't dampen this lil scholars spirits ;)
Ella's loves that she has Mrs. Pincus as her teacher, b/c they way it's pronounced it has the word "pink" in it. Her fav color :)
After I picked her up, from a 7 hour day mind you, (that's a long school day for a lil tike) she said she liked school, it was just too long, then fell asleep within the next 5 min. totally wore the bean out! I think this whole school thing will take some adjusting to.......for mommy as well ;)

2 Friendly Thoughts:

Mandy said...

I totally remember crying after I left Cameron at school for the first time. She is so grown up! It seems so young to send them off for a full day at 4 1/2 years old, and it continues for the next 14 years!!!

Kristen said...

My mom used to work at Jones and I know Mrs. Pincus. I helped out in her kindergarten class when I was in college. Ella is going to love her. She's a great teacher :)