Happy 4th of July!!
Our 4th started with a little Independence day mani/pedi for the bean.
Then spent the morning/afternoon at the pool with some friends. A little poolside lunch, and some sunbathing, a good way to start the holiday off right.Later in the afternoon we meet up with a few more friends at the Old Town Festival and parade in Old Town SD. They had booths set up and bands playing and it was all decked out in red, white and blue. Very festive.
We stopped in the Old Fashioned Root Beer store to get something cool to drink (This 37 week preggo chick was DYING of heat) I have never seen such a selection of root beers and cream sodas...seriously it was awesome! If your a root beer fan, you should check this place out! Dan and I both finally decided to try the butterscotch one called "dang good" (it really was) and Ella got a cherry shirley temple. Yumm-o.
Cheers! Look how happy they are with their root beers :)
Whats a festival with out face painting?! Ella and her good buddie Janie were thrilled with their 4th of July artwork.
Awwww so cute. Matches her dress perfectly :)
We thought it would be a fun and good idea to avoid traffic and take the trolley from Old town to Sea Port Village. But it's pretty hard to avoid crowds on such a busy holiday. The kids loved it and it made for a fun adventure with our crew.
Our Trolley Adventure
Waiting for the fireworks at the Big Bay Boom. They light off like 4 different sets of fireworks all around San Diego bay, so there are several places you can see the fireworks from. We watched them at Sea Port Village and got a great spot. We were super close! The fireworks were great this year. Ella kept saying "Wow they have fireworks I've never seen before!" It was really cute seeing her get so excited.
Even Uncle Sam himself, was there for the festivities.
Ella has perfected her "blue steal" pose. I swear this is the face she always pulls every time we take a picture these days. She cracks me up. While we were waiting we were laughing at all her "poses" Dan decided to join in on the fun. They look pretty cute right?!
Now just gearing up for baby boy Jones to join our family soon. Dr. says any day now they wont stop my labor. So let's hope for sooner than later. I'm more than ready to not be preggo anymore! Hopefully the next post is a baby announcement :)....fingers crossed.


1 Friendly Thoughts:
Oh my goodness Kristi I can't believe you are so close!! I have been thinking about you a TON and I need to call. I'm so excited to see your little bundle. Wish I could come out and take care of you. You look great by the way! Miss you and love you to pieces!!!
Post a Comment