Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Little Christmas Spirit

A Few Festive Activities that we have done these past couple weeks....

Christmas Card Lane
Christmas card lane is a tradition going on a three years for our family. This year we went with 3 other families and had a great time. It's a fun neighborhood where every house has a different theme (mostly Disney and Christmas characters) Ella gets a big kick out of it every year.

Gingerbread House
 Ella LOVES to help me bake, cook, or really anything that involves decorating with frosting and candy. She was giddy about making this gingerbread house. What a fun age for Christmas magic. I love to see her eyes light up when we do any Christmas themed baking. So far we have made brownies for our neighbor gifts, got all the goods to make Santa cookies when he visits, plenty of cinnamon rolls and lemon poppy muffins for Christmas morning breakfast. She has been in sugary, baking heaven.

Sugar Plum Fairies
This is a tradition that I was so thrilled to start with Ella!! As far back as I can remember, every year, my mom would take me and my sisters to buy a brand new Christmas dress for us to wear at the Nutcracker.  It was a cherished memory I would look forward to every year, one I couldn't wait to pass down to my own daughter.
I thought Ella was at a great age to start up this tradition again. Thanks to grandma Lola, Ella was sent this adorable purple Christmas dress, that she adores! I did her hair all up in curls and she looked like a little princess.
I knew she would love the Nutcracker, since she's been taking ballet classes. Ella was really into the story and all the "Beautiful Ballerinas" She'll tell you her favorite part was "when it snowed on the sugar plum fairies, the funny little mice and the mouse king."
We are all ready for Christmas to come. (I hope) This is the 1st year we will be celebrating just our lil family of 3 & 1/2. We're staying in San Diego and excited to start some of our own traditions. Now if Santa could bring me a present of no more nausea, it would be a very Merry Christmas indeed :)

3 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

FUN!! I want to take Corey and the girls to Christmas card lane but can't remember how to get there, can you email me directions pretty please?? I LOOOOOVE ella's pj's she's wearing in the gingerbread pictures! What a fun thing to do together!! I also adore her Christmas dress, so beautiful! I bet she'll always remember going to that play too!! :)

Auntie Cana said...

Such a fun tradition to carry on with Ella! I am very impressed she was so good so young at the Ballet! Most adults don't have the attention span for it! I know I love it! Pre-baby probably loved it, too.

Kevin and Heather said...

So I haven't been great on blogging lately and just got updated on yours. Your preggo! Congratulations!! And oh my goodness Ella is four! I absolutely love her four year old pic and invitation. It is so dang cute. Well congrats again and next time I won't take so long to get updated :)