Saturday, March 7, 2009

Party Like It's My Birthday

Happy 29th to me!! Geez I'm an oldy pants. Only one short year until the big 3-0! WOW. It was a three day event for the big 2-9. (That's the only way to party :) It started on Tuesday with a birthday bash girls night. My good friend Kim and I share a birthday just over a week apart. So we celebrated with some of the gals by going to Ruby's for dinner and then off to see the chick flick 'Shop-a-holic' (what's a girls night with out a good chick flick right!?!) Super fun with my ladies and a great excuses to get to together. Who has a birthday next month??

On Wednesday (my actual birthday) Dan surprised me with breakfast and cupcakes along with noise makers for the three of us. Ella loves birthdays and was excited it was mommy's b-day. So excited that she told everyone she saw throughout the day I was 29. Thanks love. Dan had school ALL day (boo) from 9am-9pm, so we postponed until the next day to go out. Ella and I spent the day going to playgroup, where my sweet friend Bobbi offered to take Ella so I could go shopping by myself! (I love shopping by myself, its so nice) I got some presents with b-day moo-law. That evening another great friend Ashley (I'm really lucky to have such awesome friends) invited me to dinner at her house. And might I say, she is a very talented lady in the kitchen. Her dinner rocked! Thanks Ash, it was delish!

Thursday we had are Birthday date night. We got a babysitter and went out for a night on the town. We went to Dave and Busters which we had heard about so we thought, why not? It was like a chucky cheese for adults. It was fun to do something different and since we are not much of gamers, this was different for us. We had a blast laughing at how bad we were at all the games but at least we had fun. We ate yummy food, got some hot chocolate after all the gaming and just chilled and talked. It was awesome just being the two of us. It really was a wonderful birthday. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, here's to another great year.

14 Friendly Thoughts:

Jenn said...

Happy March 4th birthday! Your blog is so stinkin' cute! I love it! I love the idea of partying for 3 days! Way to go! :)

Kara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you had such a fun one. It's always nice to stretch a birthday out over the course of a few days.

byebyedays said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTE KRISTI! Looks like you are partying hard... I'm so glad to see you had a fun one! Welcome to the 29 club!

Jared and Laura said...

Looks like your birthday was so much fun!!! That's hilarious that Ella was telling everyone your age...smart lil' bugger. I'm going to send you something...I promise, sorry it's late.

Holly said...

Well happy birthday little lady! Celebrating several days in a row is the only way to go isn't it? I'm glad your birthday week was fun!!!

Anonymous said...

This is an official leave a comment from an official Kristi family member! Sounds like you milked it for all it was worth! Guess next year you will have to have a whole birthday month and NOT tell Ella how many fingers old you are! Luv u! Cana

Zac and Jen said...

Happy late birthday!! You sure know how to party. Looks like you had way to much fun!

Unknown said...

Happy Late Birthday Krisi! Looks like you had a great birthday. I haven't had a chance to get the fabric for your teal headband yet I'm so sorry. I have had sick kids :( I will try this weekend and get them out to you.

I also have 20 new one's to post, if you decide you want one of those instead let me know.

Thanks girl, cute photos!

Mandy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Kristi dear! It looks like a fun 3 days of celebrating! I wish I was there to go to the movie with ya. Miss you tons and tons and tons!

Cassie said...

Looks like you had alot of fun! Happy Birthday!! And your hair do's are gorgeous!!! Where were you when I got married..sheesh!!!

Forsberg's said...

Happy, Happy! I'm glad you had such a long celebration!

Amberlynn said...

Happy B'day sweet friend! I miss you!

Amilyn said...

Congratulations Birthday girl. By the way I love your blog you are always so up to date. I was only 3 months behind. you have inspired me and I am going to try to be a better blogger. And good luck with wedding season It is crazy.-Amilyn

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! March is so crazy with birthdays, we have three this month! Don't feel old at 29 because if you are then I am, and I don't want to feel old this year!