Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy fathers day to all you wonderful dad's out there! To my dad and my father-in-law, thanks for being such great father's and grandpa's.
~Today we celebrated fathers day with Ella's Daddy. We started the morning with breakfast at Einstein Bagels. Then headed off for a family outing at Sea World's new bay of play. (new to Dan at least!) Ella and I love spending time with Dan! She is always glued to him at the hip when we all go out. (I think she gets board with mommy) Ella is in love with Elmo! The whole time she kept saying "Elmo's house" I think she likes it here!

After Sea World we met up with two of Dan's brothers at the Del Mar fair. Can I just tell you, this by far, is the biggest fair I have ever seen!! It was crazy huge! I love the fair! It just screams summer time. There was so much to do and see and eat!! Ella's favorite was the cute children's petting zoo in the livestock house. She loves her animals!! At this fair there is a section devoted to littler kids. That is where we found the Elephant rides! I had to do it. Ella saw the Elephants and started making her elephant noise as she lifts up her "trunk" (her little arm with her finger pointed) She was a little nervous, but she ended up petting him and the rest of the day she couldn't stop talking about her new found friend. It was a great family day!

Thank you Dan, for being such an amazing daddy to Ella. My heart swells when I see you two together, we love you so much. Happy Father's Day Sweetie!

6 Friendly Thoughts:

Forsberg's said...

So fun! I've never ridden an elephant before- Ella's way ahead of me! I'm glad you were able to spend the day together, what a great gift to Dan!

ML said...

Cute new blog background and great pictures! It looks like Ella is finally getting some hair. Sounds like a fun Father's Day. Ella looks a little worried about her elephant ride.:)

Anonymous said...

Dan is a good daddy! It was really nice of him to offer to watch our kids! my girls would be jelouse of the elephant ride. Looks like a good dad's day for you all!

byebyedays said...

What a FUN fathers day! Looks like you had a great trip with the fam too. I love your cute blog!

Holly said...

Wow, an elephant ride, that's pretty snazzy!

Jared and Laura said...

Such cute pictures!! I'm excited to see Ella...I can't believe she's talking. Oh, and Jared was super jealous that you got to ride the elephant.:)