Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Daddy's Girl?

I thought I would be happier when this day finally came.....but not so much! Ella has always been more of a momma's girl. She has always loved daddy, but she usually wanted mom most of the time. The last couple of days as she wakes up in the morning, she has been calling out "dada, dada" instead of her usual "momma, momma" and all through the day she has been asking "where dada?" and goes to the door in concern. Ella always gets REALLY happy when he comes home from work/school. But now.....she won't leave his side, she is literally stuck to him! It is really sweet and I love the freedom. But I can't help to feel a little sting of rejection. Daddy's and their little girls just have a special bond.

3 Friendly Thoughts:

Holly said...

Oh how sweet!! But I must say, I totally understand the feeling! Avery starting doing this exact thing around her 1st birthday. It was all so sweet and hard for me at the same time. :)

Mandy said...

That is so funny- I TOTALLY remember the day Anna started wanting Mike more than me! I can relate to your feelings for sure. But they are so cute together!!!

Charlotte said...

I struggled with this a little with Savannah. She was such a "Daddy's girl" because Tyler took care of her while I worked. Then I saw that kids naturally have a really close bond with their mothers... but that doesn't mean that the bond with fathers isn't equally important. Now I try really hard to make sure all my kids are close to Tyler... the relationship with me is already there and it makes him feel/be so wonderful!