Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

It was fun to host and cook my 1st Thanksgiving this year. go me.
 Since I was hosting, it gave me an excuse
to put up all my Christmas decor early.
I was feeling festive. Hot coca, Christmas tunes playing in the background, and an apple cinnamon candle burning, I had the house all cozy in no time. With a little help from my 3 Christmas elves :)
This Thanksgiving, was a small group of just my parents, 
our fam, and Dan's little bro Ethan and his girlfriend Izumi
Which took the pressure off of not having to cook for a ton of peeps, 
since it was my 1st time cooking a turkey!
Food turned out great! 
With the help of my mom, me, and Ella,
The girls cooked and the guys made the appetizers while watching football. typical ;)

 Yum-O!!
The next day, we took the kids and my parents to get a real tree.
 Oliver helping Daddy and Grandpa set up the tree.
This is our 1st real tree since we've been married. 
Always loved having them growing up.
Makes the whole house smell so good.
We still had my skinny pre-lit fake tree from our old condo, and I've always wanted two trees in my house, but never had room, so I put it in the back family room and now we are surrounded by the glow of Christmas trees and it makes me so happy.
 That same day, my sweetest friend Stephanie had this precious lil doll baby. 
Who I wanted to steal and take home with me.
I mean come on, look at that hair!!
Welcome to the mommy club!
She is just perfect.
 After snuggling lil Cora, My mom and I took Ella to the movie Frozen.
Just us gals. It is the cutest movie. You all should go see it!
We met back up with the rest of the gang 
and went to my dad's favorite restaurant, Joe's Crab Shack.
Ella put her newly lost front teeth to good use 
and drank through the straw using her toothless gap.
Ollie was being super silly trying to make everyone giggle.
He's my little entertainer.
It was Leo's 1st time in a highchair, 
The little sweetheart feel right to sleep in the nosiest restaurant ever!

Such a great turkey day weekend and we have much to be Thankful for.
Thanks again, mom and dad for our beautiful tree and early Christmas presents.
We had such a great weekend with you all.

1 Friendly Thoughts:

Lela Boyd said...

I'm so proud of you for cookin' up a storm! Got to put that awesome stove to some good use! Your trees are beautiful, too!