1st visit to the ER since having kids!
Somehow I have managed to avoid spending the day in a waiting room at the ER until now. I grew up with my Dad being an ER Doc so the only time I went into the ER was to visit Dad at work! This time wasn't such a pleasant experience.
Poor Ollie Wally woke up with a rapid heart rate, super shallow breathing and lots of wheezing, and was having a hard hard time being able to breath. It scared me to death. You don't wanna mess around with breathing problems.
(giving his little tiger his breathing treatment followed by a "yay" and clapping hands)
Of course this happens while Dan is out of town and at 5am on a school day for Ella. I quickly called my friend Lela, who has a baby with asthma problem and asked for help. She had me bring Ella so they could drop her off at school and she let Ollie use her baby's inhaler to tide him over till I could take him in to see his pediatrician. Once I made it into the Dr. they gave him another breathing treatment but it didn't help enough and they rushed me off to the ER where we spent the next several hours doing chest x-rays and breathing treatments. He was eventually diagnosed with Bronchiolitis. It was a scary experience and I'm so glad my little buddy is on the mend. Thanks to my friends who help get Ella from school too. So great to have good friends when family is not close.
Finally home and able to rest with out all those nurses and Dr's. poking at me



1 Friendly Thoughts:
Glad Ollie is doing okay! ERs are scary!
Post a Comment