Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Harvest

Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard
Ahhh, I love fall. The cooler weather, the colors, the smells etc.
This year I wanted to try something new. So we broke away from our traditional  Bate's Nut Farm and tried a pumpkin patch at Mountain Valley Ranch in Romona on our way up to Julian, since we planned on apple picking after. It was a really quaint lil Farm with all the fun and goodies you would expect from a great pumpkin patch.
Love me some pumpkin pictures...so cute with all that bright orangey goodness behind them.
What's a pumpkin patch with out a corn maze, petting zoo, corn shooter, hay bail jump, riding around in a red wagon all while scoping out your perfect pumpkins.
This was so hilarious! (Well Ella didn't think so)....She was very cute posing for pictures with the petting zoo animals, when all of the sudden the goat leaned over and gobbled up her hair bow, right from her head. He must have thought it was a real flower. Ella was not to pleased with this and demanded the goat give her bow back immediately. I had to grab it out of his mouth super fast before it was a goner....he was one hungry goat :)
Got our pumpkin stash, we are good to go...
Next stop, Apple Picking in Julian
I have heard great things about the famous apple pies from Mom's in Julian. We couldn't make the long trek up there and not sample the goods....and let me tell you the pies do not disappoint. SoooooYummy! Dan and I tried the apple boysenberry crumb, & Ella tried the apple cherry flaky. Yum-O!!
Right next to Mom's is Calico Ranch Orchard a cute family run Orchard where they let you sample the different apples and pears before you pick them, so you know what kinds to look for.
Nice to have daddy's help so you can reach the really ripe ones all the way at the top
Ollie and I were supervising Ella and Dan's fantastic apple picking skills
While there, Ella had noticed a few boys with lovely stones and asked where they got them. Turns out they have a mining company for kids right next to the apple orchard. (lots of fun things in Julian all right next to each other...bonus) Ella is quite the rock collector and really wanted to "mine for gems" so why not?! 
 Our little gold digger in action
Perfect family day....Welcome Fall were are glad to have ya!

4 Friendly Thoughts:

Unknown said...

oh so cute...such a cute family! xoxox

Ariel said...

I love the pic of the goat eating Ella's bow! so cute!

auntie cana said...

Poor goat! I have been on the other end of the wrath of Ella and I bet that goat did not know who he was messin with!

Kara said...

I've always wanted to go to Julian and since Brad has been wanting an apple pie for weeks now, I think we'll (hopefully) go next weekend.

That bow picture is hilarious!