Today while having a lunch date with my little girl. I realized how lucky we have been to have just her for these four years. To really enjoy every stage with her. I love all our talks, she has an amazing imagination and makes me giggle all the time. I realized that in a few months, we will have another sidekick join our crew. We are more than excited about this (Ella especially) But I'm soaking up all the moments I can, just mommy and Ella. I cherish our relationship, she really is my lil sidekick.
She has been my moral support through the sicky sick times of pregnancy. She will rub my back while I was....eh-hem hugging the toilet. She says nightly in her prayers "Please bless mommy that she will feel better and the baby won't make her sick anymore" She'll randomly tell me "Don't worry once the baby pops out it will all be better" So sweet to have my lil buddy taking care of me. She asks me a million questions about the baby. (in her mind it's a baby sister...we'll find out next week) "Mom, how does the baby get IN there??" "I know you and daddy asked heavenly father for a baby BUT how does it get in there??" "Did you swallow the baby?" These are all fun questions to answer :) She'll tell me "I'm going to give the baby baths, teach her how to color, teach how to walk and run, teach how to get dressed, play dress-up, read books to the baby, help her do ballet, make her smile, help her eat, and make her laugh." So stinkin cute. I can't even wait to see these two together. It will warm my heart. We have had a few babies over lately b/c I was doing their mom's hair, Ella found out that babies put everything in their mouth, including her beloved toys. She was not to happy about this and she exclaimed that "I'm going to teach MY baby sister to not suck on my toys" :) good luck with that one Ella.
At first I was sad there was going to be an age gap between these two. But It's been so nice to be a mom to just one, be able to pick up and take off to a matinee movie or go to lunch or to the beach and not worry about someones nap time etc. It's wonderful. I can see how much Ella is going to help with the baby (somethings will come a little later, ie. ballet and coloring :) But maybe for my sanity alone, this will be perfect for me and our family. I love being Ella's mommy and so glad I have a few more months to soak in all the me and her time I can get :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 Friendly Thoughts:
Ahh, what a sweet post! I loved reading this. I'm so excited for the new little 'sidekick' to arrive. Ella's such a doll and will be such a sweet big sister. I miss you guys!
P.S. We're saying lots of extra prayers for Daniel this week!
I agree with your last paragraph. I was really struggling with the age gap thing myself, but came to realize that it really doesn't matter. Everyone has different situations. And it has been nice to really get to know and spend good quality time with Hallie. I can't wait to find out what your having!!
You really are so lucky you'll have such a good little helper. The time goes more quickly and it gets more crazy the more little ones you have, so I'm glad you got to enjoy Ella for awhile. With that being said, you will LOVE the new dynamic a little one will bring to your family and you're heart will be a puddle when you see Ella with a baby.
I think a four to five year age gap between siblings is PERFECT! Go ahead and try to find a picture of me around age five where I am not hugging my much loved baby sister!
I'm so excited to hear about your ultrasound coming up! We had to wait a little longer than normal, but that's ok. I'm going with boy for you. One of each is SO fun!
Awwwwww.....!!!!
Awww, she is so cute! I remember that time. I didn't get pregnant with Alexis until Andelyn was 6, so she was my little buddy. It would be cute for her to have a lil sis, it's fun to see them play together, Lex adores and looks up to Andi so much. I'm really excited for you to find out.
Trust me on my hair when I tell you I def. went through some brassy stages, just didn't take pics or post any of that. I had to tone like crazy. 6T in Shades was my big friend! It's hard to do it on my own, I would love to be able to have someone else do it, like you :) If we get a chance to move there it will be really exciting to have someone to do my hair. I just don't trust anyone out here and nothing is convenient.
How is wedding season looking for you, are you taking some time off while being pregnant. Don't over due it, I did and had Prodromal Labor with Lex, you don't want that trust me :)
Get some rest!
Ella's gonna love having a little playmate. Vali and Norah play so well together; and fight too. :) You are going to love being a Mamma of two. Can't wait to hear what you're having.
Post a Comment