Monday, August 16, 2010

Post BAR Get-Away

Whew....Well the BAR is behind us. Now we just have to play the waiting game till we get the results in....NOVEMBER!! Seriously, can't they grade that stinkin' exam a little quicker than 4 months??!!
Any-hoo...after the last 3 months of hell, it was time for a much deserved post BAR break. Dan's little bro was getting married in SLC, so we decided to take a trip to Utah and relax with Dan's fam.
Wedding Bells
Andrew and Emily's wedding was beyond beautiful. They were married in the Salt lake Temple and had their reception in Emily's gorgeous backyard. Her family should consider renting out their backyard for future weddings because it was like it was made to host weddings....so beautiful! We all had a fabulous time!!
some of the backyard decor
They had a ring ceremony where they released doves. Ella was really into it and gave all the white birdies cute lil names. She loved the idea that they were "flying home" Do they get released into the wild or fly back into the cage for future use?....I never figured it out. But it was lovely.
Congrats you two you make a stunning couple!
Raging Waters
The whole fam spent the next day at a Water Park. It was so fun. I felt 13 again, going down all the crazy water slides and linking up tubes in the lazy river. Dan and a few of his siblings took on the Acapulco Cliff Dive...not I, no thanks, sounds like one big water wedgie to me :)

This Is the Place Heritage Park
Grandma Cindy treated  the grand kids to a day in a pioneer village. This Is The Place Heritage Park is really cool. They have all kind of pioneer activities like candle making, leather branding, old fashion laundry, horse rides, petting zoos, candy shoppes, old fashion ice cream, train rides and you get to peek inside all of the pioneer homes, school, Churches etc. We loved it. Thanks Cindy ;)
This is what they do at Heritage Park if you need a time-out. They had this inside the old school house and its just too cute not to post.

Hogle Zoo
My brother in law Justin, had a work party where they rented out the zoo after hours so they had the whole place to themselves. We got to tag along as guests for the big BBQ. We also got unlimited carousel rides/train rides and the kids got their face painted. (Which took a lot of convincing at the end of the night for Ella to wash off her butterfly face...she wanted it to "stay on forever")
Such a great trip!! We got to visit with family, eat at all my old favorite Utah restaurants that I miss dearly, and throw in some great girls nights with my favoritest gals. Thanks for the amazing visit, I miss you all already!!

*** PS. My annual girls trip happened to be in Park city this year, So that's how I finished up this Utah vaca. But that deserves it's own post!
So. Much. Fun.
To be continued...

4 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

WOW looks like a SUPER fun trip! What great pictures and adorable collages! That's so awesome that you had the whole zoo to yourselves! I'm so glad you're back! Let's get together asap, I need you!! :)

Mandy said...

So fun! I love all your fun pictures. The wedding looks amazing. You guys packed in quite a bit for the short time you were here. I loved seeing you!

Kara said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to get away after the dreadful bar. I'm not looking forward to that.

Ashley Halsey said...

I am so jealous! I REALLY need a vacation... but maybe without the kids : )