Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Annual Girls Trip...Via Park City!!

Its one of my most favorite times of the year...the annual girls trip! Me and my besties, have a tradition we started back in 2003 to go on a once a year, 3 day get-away, just the gals. And let me tell ya..it is good for the soul. I swear I come back a happier mother and a better wife. These lovely ladies have been a main part of my life since the 6th grade. I'm so thankful to them for keeping me in line by how incredibly inspiring they all are...love them!
This year our get-away took us to the beautiful mountains of Park City. Can I just tell you that I didn't realize how much I missed the mountains and the fresh mountain air till I was up there. It is gorgeous up there!! Took me 3 years since moving away for me to really appreciate them! No matter where our little family moves to, I will always hold a spot dear to my heart for the mountains and of course the beach. Either one I will have to live by. No exceptions :)
1st day there, we settled into our place which was at the canyons resort (I mentioned gorgeous before...well this place was to) we got ready and hit the town for dinner and shopping down main street.
All of us fine ladies have crossed over to the 30's club. Seemed fitting that was our table number at dinner. Crazy we all have been friends for almost 20 years...typing that just made me feel ancient.
Next day we went to the Olympic Village at the Park City Mountain Resort and rode the zipline and alpine coaster. Our nerves were totally fine riding up the ski lift to the top of the mountain, we were pretty pumped actually. Then when we keep going higher and higher and higher....we all started freaking out a little. We had to have a spontaneous dance party to syke each other out. It's really more the anticipation....right after they harness you in, they don't tell you when they are going to open the gate. For those short 6 seconds your heart is racing. But trust me it was such a blast a true natural high feeling.
On our way up the ski lift...

  our little toosties
getting pumped and excited to zip through the trees.
and here we go....
The Alpine coaster was even more of a rush! (not to be mistaken for alpine slide, the coaster is WAY better!) Seriously the funnest ride I have EVER been on! It's little a roller coaster through the mountains that you have no idea where you are going. Defiantly something that should be put on your bucket list of things to do.
I had to throw in that right next to these thrilling mountain rides, you can stop to grab a bite to eat at my own personal restaurant....they even spelled it right :)
After the Olympic Village, we hit up the outlets and spent the rest of the day doing way we do best...shopping and eating. That night we stayed up playing games/laughing/talking till 2am.Woke up to a homemade oatmeal breakfast made by Rachel and then headed home...went by too fast :(
These ladies are the best, I learn something new from them every trip we take. We have been friends since we were 11, so every time we get together the 11year old in all of us comes out. I swear I never giggle and laugh as hard as I do on these trips! Thanks for the girlfriend therapy that weekend, already ready for next years!

9 Friendly Thoughts:

Kara said...

that is so cool. how fun that you get to have an annual trip with your best friends!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

WOW that all looks SOOO fun! I think it is so awesome that you and your besties get to do this every single year!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Makes me wish our next trip was coming up sooner than a year. I am so glad that we've kept this up!! Love ya!!- Meg

Mandy said...

I'm SO SO SO SO Glad you did this cute post. I love them! It was such a fun trip. Some of the highlights of the weekend are:
The Alpine coaster, and laughing our butts off all the way down! Ticket to Ride and listening to you and Meagan giggling and SO proud you both won over the rest of us! The fun time in the not "super" walmart, being crazy and happy, and the Whitney celery and us greasy girls. Ha ha... I love you! Bless you forever!

Mandy said...

ps...I especially love how I look pregnant in all the pictures. Ugh!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Oh My Gosh! You nailed it on the head! Those by far were the highlights of the trip for sure!! Oh the no "Super" walmart! I'm crying right now thinking about it! soooo funny and bacon vrs celery hahaha! The best time ever! I wish we could giggle and laugh like this together every weekend!! Your the best! I love ya oodles!....ps I really wanna cupcake...boo its hard no sugar...waaaaaa!
pps~ whatever mand,you do not look preggo. I look like I'm pregs with twins, one in my tummy and one in my butt:) just always stand next to me and you'll feel better!

Auntie Cana said...

Mandy and Kristi:

I don't think either of you look preggers, but if you did it was probably just a "food baby". I am still thinking about Ella saying that and laughing!

Julie Jackson said...

I love it! I need one right now, a girl's trip. I am actually surprising one of my friends for her birthday for a girls weekend trip in New York, this get's me so excited, I hope it all works out and we get to go. I'm so jealous you girls do this every year, how fun! I love Park City and the mountains to, we both can relate to how much we miss that! Although I would take San Diego weather over our weather here any day of the week!!!

Also loved all the Utah posts, so fun to see family and the wedding looked gorgeous!

Jamie said...

Hey Kristi! I have a question, who does all of your family photos??