Friday, June 1, 2012

Vegas Baby!!


My good friend Carolyn was turning the big 3-0....so her hubby wanted to make it really special by surprising her with all her good friends from San Diego. Carolyn has recently moved back to Las Vegas after her husband finished law school and we all miss her terribly.
She had absolutely no idea we were coming. This group of friends all met in San Diego and had so many great times, but since then, a few have moved away. Kassidi flew in from Sacramento, Morgan drove from Mesa AZ, and the rest of us jumped in the car and drove from SD.
It was a whirlwind trip. Just one night, then we left the next evening. I did a wedding hair all day Friday, the girls picked me up around 5pm, drove 5 hours to Las Vegas and surprised Carolyn by 10:30pm.
We were like giddy school girls waiting to surprise her....like kids that cant wait to get out of the car and go to Disneyland. The look on her face when she walked outside and saw all of us was priceless!
It was such a blast surprising her like that...makes me giddy just thinking back on it :)
We went out to a mid-night dinner (only in Vegas I tell ya) and then came home got in our pj's and stayed up chatting and deliriously laughing till 3am! that's super late for this mama.
Billy, her hubby, had arranged the whole next day for us. Brunch at a famous waffle house, pedi's and mani's, yummy fountain drinks, shopping, and finished the day off with a surprised party at the park that had a bouncy house and cotton candy machine. Perfect 30th birthday spent with friends and family. Carolyn seemed to love it all.

After the party, we jumped back in the car around 6:30 pm and rolled in to SD around 11. Whew fast. But oh so so fun! Really the driving there was half the fun. Roads trips with girlfriends go lightning fast! I swear we can talk for hours on end and not even notice. Such a great trip! I'm one lucky lady to have been blessed with such amazing people in my life. Love these girls!

3 Friendly Thoughts:

Billy and Carolyn said...

Seriously the best birthday EVER...thanks to all of you girls!!! It was surreal to see all of you on my porch that night!! I still can't believe that happened. I had an amazing day with all of you! Miss you all so much! Here's to another girls trip!!!

Lela Boyd said...

Wasn't that the funnest 24 hours EVER!!! I love you girls!!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

It really was the best 24 hours Eva!!! So fun I wanna do it again! next weekend?? I wish!!