Monday, June 4, 2012

Run Daddy Run

Dan crushed his 1st 1/2 marathon last weekend. His boss invited the whole Firm and their significant others, to run the SD Rock and Roll marathon. Since the thought of running 13.1 miles makes me want to poke my eyes out (I'm so not a runner....maybe next year??) I opted to be Dan's cheerleader instead.
Ella and I made posters and t-shirts to cheer our main man on
I think Dan has a pretty great fan club wouldn't ya say?!

We had to wake up at the crack of dawn (literally 4:00am!) to make it down to the finish line at sea world by 5:30 am (why do all these races start so darn early?) Since Dan's boss takes good care of his employees, he got each runner a premium parking spot right by the finish line. (these are very coveted spots, most people have to shuttle into the race) I threw the kids in the car, still in their pj's, and since we had no shuttle to catch, we slept another hour while Dan started his marathon (we had it rough huh?) I woke the kiddos up, gathered up our cheer gear, and cruised the finish line party. Tons of booths, vendors, bands, and free stuff everywhere. We had fun amongst all the chaos. We grabbed our free breakfast, wiggled our way to front row by the finish line and waited to cheer on our lil marathon runner. Ella was super excited to see "daddy win the race"
Starting line! Whoa Nelly that's a whole lotta peeps!
Dan is somewhere in there...
Go team HPI! These are some of Dan's co-workers before the race, ready to get their running on!
The kiddos and I checking out all the booths and vendors

Technology is so cool! Each runner put a tracking device on their shoes, and while Dan ran, they alerted me via text message every time he passed a certain mile. We could see where he was and track his progress. That way we wouldn't miss his photo finish.

Crossing the finish line! what a awesome accomplishment.
They had music blasting and high energy was in the air. It was a really fun experience and I'm sure a great team building for Dan's firm as well. We were so proud of him! He didn't even train for this race (I would have had to train a year ago to even attempt it) He finished in 2 hours 15 min. Way to run! Dan has officially join the marathon runners club! Holla! whoop. whoop.

2 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

That is so awesome!! I wish it wasn't so darn expensive to enter because I totally would have done that this year! Way to go Dan! Awesome time!

Auntie Cana said...

Pretty fancy fan club he has there!