Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thankyou Mr. Martin Luther King.....

Because of you, I got to spend all day with the Mr.
Love no school days. A while ago I bought tickets from this half off coupon site called groupon. (If you live in San Diego and are not a member of groupon....you should be! they have great deals.) Any-hoo, I bought half off tickets to the Birch Aquarium and they were about to expire, so we put them to good use, braved the rain, and spent the day at the aquarium. The aquarium was good, we had a lot of fun, but after having a Seaworld pass for the last 2 1/2 years, it's really hard to be impressed with any other sea life attraction.

In front of some HUGE whales

Ella found Nemo!

I told Ella to look scared...this face is just too funny.

Jelly fish are pretty dang cool.

Ella found a lobster and a playmate.

View from the Aquarium...not to shabby, but it was pretty chilly that day, hence the forced smiles.

After our visit under the sea, Dan was feeling ambitious and finished painting the guest bathroom. It has been half way painted a florescent green for over a year now, ever since we both decided that the bright green was ugly. So now a year later....our bathroom is a very pretty teal-ish blue. Looks 100% better.

I wish they had more school free days....A gal can get use to this.

6 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Hahahaha...I love Ella's scared face!! I also love that new color in your bathroom!!!! :)

Kara said...

What a fun activity! I love the picture of Ella acting scared. so funny. I also LOVE your bathroom!

Holly said...

I agree, a gal CAN get use to having her husband home during the week! haha! Wish it happened more often! :) Oh and, Ella's scared face is SO stinkin' cute!

byebyedays said...

Hey cute stuff, looks like you've been livin it up with all these fun posts! Can't believe how big your little girl is! Congrats on your hubby's achievements... You'll be living school free in no time!

Unknown said...

Fun times, glad you got your hubby for the day! I am so jealous of your weather!

Jared and Laura said...

I'm just getting around to reading blogs...and your posts are as cute as ever! I love the picture of you and Ella under the umbrella. Looks like such a fun outing. And I love the color of your bathroom, it looks perfect!