Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Firm Retreat...Surfer's Paradise

Dan works for the coolest firm!
They are all young hip surfer types,
who work hard and still manage to play hard to.
Dan's boss flew the entire firm and spouses
out to an all inclusive surf retreat in El Salvador.

And wanna hear the best part?
He rented out the ENTIRE place!
Yep it was just us at the 5 star hotel.
Talk about luxury and complete relaxation.
 Everyday we laid by the pool, took naps (I can't remember the last time I got an uninterrupted nap by the pool...heaven) Walked on the beach, swam in the 85 degree ocean (so warm it felt like bath water) read a book in a hammock with the ocean breeze on my face, got massages EVERYDAY on top of a cliff over looking the ocean, Had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at our beck and call, Got to hang out with some seriously fun cool peeps everyday.
It. was. perfection.

 Massages over looking the ocean...
a little slice of heaven on earth
 You can surf with the bulls here...only in El Salvador :)
 naps and reading books by the pool...
It has been too long since I could do that

 monkey/kayaking excursion
 more little critters we found
 We had a coco loco night.
Where the locals put on a show
and Senior Costia braved climbing up a palm tree 
so we could all enjoy some coconut milk. 
 grasias!!

 The whole dinner gang!
We had some great stories and a lot of laughing at these dinner tables
Thanks again Ryan and Leanne Harris
for letting us be a part of this amazing vaca!!
Another big thanks to Grandma Cindy
who held down the fort with the kiddos
so we could play in Paradise.

3 Friendly Thoughts:

Ashley Halsey said...

Isn't envy one of the deadly sins? I am seriously D-Y-I-N-G of envy right now!!!!! I am so happy for you! Looks like you had the time of your life and you DEFINITELY deserve some time off to relax and unwind, you are such a hardworking mama!

Jared and Laura said...

Ah, Kristi! Looks like heaven! Beautiful pictures!

I loved hearing the stories about Ella and my mom's inability to pack Ella's snack correctly. :) Enjoyed some chuckles over that. Hope you all are doing well.

Holly said...

HOLY COW!! I want to go!! Looks amazingly awesome! Great pics!