THIS GIRL!!
The Itty Bitty Tooth.
She lost it at school during math class, but was prepared
with a special tooth bag in her backpack, just in case
That night the tooth fair came
leaving behind lots of fairy dust
and a personalized congratulations letter
addressed just for her
She got a little "extra" for her 1st tooth
Tooth fairy pays a lot more for teeth these days then I remember...
Ella was all smiles and excited to tell all her friends about how the tooth fairy had come. But was quickly crushed when her very best friend told her "There is no such thing as the Tooth Fairy!"
Really?! It hadn't even been been a day!
When I went to pick her up from school she asked me "Mom tell the truth, is the tooth fairy real? My friend said you did all that, not the tooth fairy" I had to think fast b/c I believe kids need a little magic in their lives, it's much more fun. You only get to be a kid for such a short time. So I told her "Ella, the tooth Fairy only comes to little girls and boys who believe, once you stop believing, she asks their mom to take over. So If you keep believing she'll keep coming to see you."
Ella looked at me happy with my answer and replied: "Oh that's good thing mom, b/c you couldn't do as good of a job as she does."
Really?! It hadn't even been been a day!
When I went to pick her up from school she asked me "Mom tell the truth, is the tooth fairy real? My friend said you did all that, not the tooth fairy" I had to think fast b/c I believe kids need a little magic in their lives, it's much more fun. You only get to be a kid for such a short time. So I told her "Ella, the tooth Fairy only comes to little girls and boys who believe, once you stop believing, she asks their mom to take over. So If you keep believing she'll keep coming to see you."
Ella looked at me happy with my answer and replied: "Oh that's good thing mom, b/c you couldn't do as good of a job as she does."
Yep that's right Ella, the tooth fairy is much more cleaver than mom :))



2 Friendly Thoughts:
DANG! You are clever! What a great answer :) Brenner recently found out about Santa. He seemed pretty cool with it. His response was classic Brenner "WAIT...you guys gave us all those presents? YOU ROCK". I threaten my kids with in an inch of life not to spoil it for other kids. I love the magic of holidays and fun traditions!
That kid would be SERIOUSLY crushed to have a regular mom, instead of super star Fluffkins!!!
Brian laughed and laughed when I told him this story!
Post a Comment