Sunday, November 6, 2011

BOO-tiful Nights

Happy Halloweeeen!
How do you take your porridge??
hot, cold, or just right?
Someones been sitting in my chair....Its Goldilocks and the Three Bears
I forced...ahem, I mean, I got Dan to dress up as Papa bear. Check out his thrilled expression. He was super excited about our costume this year :) I think it was the bear ears he liked the most.
Ella had fun as Goldilocks...cutest Goldilocks ever right?! Her whole dress I made with a glue gun (don't look too close) but it held up for two days in a row so not too shabby. 
Since Halloween fell on a Monday, we had a whole weekend of activities to hit up. Friday was Ella's school carnival, Saturday our ward's trunk or treat, and we finished the spook-tactular holiday, with trick or treating old school style around our neighborhood. With 3 days of Halloween, I'm sure you can imagine the candy loot Ella got...we'll be eating candy for months!
Wards Trunk or Treat. Going from car to car is a super speedy way to score candy, Ella was lovin' life.
Ella and her future hubby, Bennett (she has wanted to marry him since she was 2! no lie.)
Baby Ollie's (aka baby bear) 1st Halloween.....Mom, why do you stuff me in these ridiculous costumes, and roll me around like this? Poor baby, the things we put them through for cutness :) 
Check out a few more fun costumes from that night.....
On Halloween, Ella decided she had been Goldilocks twice, so she ditched her curls and went for some long, long, locks as Rapunzel. (note to self: wigs are super annoying while trick or treating....but she looked darn cute)
We trick or treated the way I remember, house to house. Our neighborhood is super cute and really safe, so I had some friends meet up with us to hit up some houses. It was a Boo-tiful night and the kids had a great time. Ella was one of the oldest and was definitely a pro at trick or treating. She was happy to show the little ones the ropes, that girl meant business...we had to slow her down and wait for the others.
The lil ghosts and ghouls in action
Again I stuffed baby Ollie (aka lil duckie) into yet another overly cute costume. Really mom, we're doing this again?? Yep, I can't help myself...he's just too irresistible. I kissed those duckie cheeks all night!
Dan met up with us after work. Love my boys.

Another great Halloween! But maybe next year I should pick something a bit more manly for Dan to wear....Superman? Thor? I'll think of something ;)

5 Friendly Thoughts:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Okay, seriously, you are the BEST Halloween party planner I know!! I need to have you plan our family outfits! :) You guys look sooooooooo cute! Just love the outfits!! That lil Ducky costume is to die for adorable! Love it!

Nancy Campbell said...

Kristi: You post such darling pictures of Ella and now Oliver, and your family, and I love keeping up with your news here. I wish I could see all of you in person. And so proud of Dan.

J-me Boyce said...

cute cute. as always. Thanks for all your sweet words lately. I am bummed too that we didn't get to hang out like we had hoped. It will always be fun to check in on your blog though!

Lela Boyd said...

Love all the Halloween pics!!! You all looked adorable! I wanted to squeeze Ollie to death in that duck costume :-) I'm loving the pic of our betrothed couples...Brenner & Alivia and Ella & Bennet. Fun fun fun! I think we have enough candy to feed us for a year...food storage?

byebyedays said...

That is so much fun Kristi! Way to go!