E's 3rd birthday kind of hit me hard this year. I packed up my beloved ultra plush and comfy rocking chair (sigh) to make room for her big girl bed. A twin bed that my mom brought for her. Her room is teeny tiny and I have to be really creative how I arrange the furniture in there. I know you thinking to yourself, why was she still in a crib till 3? To my defense, there was really no reason to move her out. There was no new baby coming, She never figured to crawl out, she still took 3 hour naps, and I loved the fact that she was "trapped" I need the me time. While we were breaking down the crib, I got sad thinking about how I don't have a baby anymore (I know, I really need to get on that and have another one) But the fact that Ella won't be a baby anymore, made me sad. On the upside and to my total surprise, the thing I'd been dreading was really not such a bad transition. Ella LOVED her big girl bed and took right to it! She still takes 3 hour naps, even in her big bed. The only thing that was a slight hiccup, was that come bed time, she all the sudden acts like a 5 yr old coming up with every excuse in the book why she can't go to bed. "I need a drink," "I have to go potty," "I'm not tired" etc. But, she doesn't come out of her room repeatedly throughout the night and still sleeps in till 8:00. I lucked out. I had a bad mom moment though. I'll have to give you a little background 1st: Ella's new bed is HUGE for her. I mean it has drawers under the box springs etc. I knew there was potential of falling out. So being a dummy I thought I would just put her crib mattress on the floor next to her giant bed till she got the hang of it. Well, in the middle of the night on the 3rd day of the transition, we heard a loud thud and knew that she had fell out. Poor thing! It wasn't till the next morning we saw her sporting this shiner.

Ella's Shiner...poor thing.
The next day I went to get, what I should have gotten before letting her sleep in her twin bed, a mattress rail. I am happy to report that there have been no shiners or bruises since then. (yay) All and all it's been a cinch moving her into the next phase of growing up.....I just think mommy has been having a harder time with it....sigh.
Baby Room
Big Girl Room
(still waiting on her new bedding so this will have to do for now)
5 Friendly Thoughts:
Poor little thing!! I'm am so SHOCKED with how EASY that transition was and SOOO jealous that she's still taking awesome naps for you!!! Milk it while you can! :) I love, love, LOVE that new playhouse you got for her! It's so adorable!!
What a gorgeous bedroom Ella has!
Her room looks as cute as always! Big kids are so much more fun than babies, anyway. :) I also never commented on the birthday pictures. They were adorable! Maybe you should go into the party planning business. All the accesories you got were perfect. It was a kid's dream birthday. Too bad Alexander hasn't had many of those because his mom is a dud in that department. :( You guys need to move back to Utah, and then you can plan his birthday parties.
Her big girl room turned out SO cute!!! Im so glad she had an easy transition.
Awwww so fun! Peterson actually did BETTER in his Big Boy Bed. But the excuses started almost exactly at 3 years old and not the bed transition. So funny. Congrats!!
Post a Comment