Wednesday, May 23, 2012

GirlsTrip! 10th Anniversary!

This is our 10th year since we started our girls trip tradition. I can not even believe that! I love these ladies. We have been friends for 20+ years now. I feel crazy old typing that, but I'm also proud that we have all remained friends since the 5 or 6th grade. How cool is that?! Since 2002 we have met up around the month May for our annual girls trip. Each year is a different location. There are 8 in our group but some of us have missed due to having babies around that time. I missed out last year having baby O. But I wasn't gonna miss another one this year. We have way too much fun. When we get together, we act like 12 year olds again. We are so lucky to have each other! And I hope this tradition never ends.

This year we braved the heat and went to Mesa Arizona. My friend Jenna was the hostest with the mostest. I'm not kidding, she really rolled out the read carpet for us. She had welcome bags when we got there with all the necessities for a fun start of a summer trip. Pool bag, sunglasses, flip flops, lip gloss, self tanner, and a drink holder. Although we went out to eat a lot (at VERY yummy places mind you) she cooked us gourmet breakfasts EVERY morning! We were SO spoiled! My usual cereal breakfast just couldn't compete with that.
 Massages....ahhh they were heavenly
 Shrimp with pineapple and salmon with mango tacos from Tia Rosa's.
Are you kidding me?! so good.
Pedicures!!!!
 Shopping!! we shopped till we dropped lemme tell you.
 Jenna's crazy delicious pizookie...wow.

 The whole trip was full of fun activities. But we also scheduled in a nap everyday! EVERDAY folks! Who gets to nap anymore? We did....they were epic! We did massages, pedicures, shopping sprees and more shopping sprees, went to 2 chick flicks, ate at some of the yummiest restaurants ever! Still drooling about it. We seriously ate like kings the whole time. Stayed up waaay too late talking/laughing in our pj's eating Jenna's amazing pizzookies, went to the pool and really relaxed by the pool (with out having to worry if any kids were drowning) It was like a breath of fresh air.
pool time
Some of the best things about these trips (besides getting the much deserved break all mamas need) is feeling rejuvenated and ready to go back feeling refreshed and ready to be a better mama and wife. It really is good for the soul to just laugh and laugh with amazing girlfriends. I really look forward to them every year. 3 to 4 days is just the perfect amount of time to be away b/c by then you really start missing your babies and hubby.
outside of Oprah's favorite pizza place, Pizzerias Binonco A.MAZ.ING!!
I love you girls oodles and oodles and I can't wait for next years! I say we spend it on the beach here in San Diego :) You In?!

4 Friendly Thoughts:

Sarah said...

You are so lucky you do this every year! I am green with envy.

Auntie Cana said...

OMG!!!!! I feel like I'm looking in the rear view mirror of Big Blue and telling a bunch of 12 year olds to hold down the giggles so I can drive! Same little smiley faces as 20 years ago, being dropped off at Lagoon, Albertsons or the dollar movie theater!

Mandy said...

I LOVE you girls!! It was so much fun. Thanks for taking all the cute pictures Kristi. I seriously miss you and wish we all lived by each other so bad. It was fun laughing at videos until 2 am..."It shoulda been the rug."hahaha

Meagan L said...

That is hilarious!  I love how long we've been friends! Clear back to braces and big bangs. I have a lot of memories that I'm sure drove your siblings crazy.  Those were good times :)